Here you will find FREE patient materials designed to help promote safe sleep practices and to help those who work with parents and caregivers of infants to more effectively discuss safe infant sleep.
These materials were developed based on recent trends, research, and feedback from providers across the state working to address safe sleep practices with families and caregivers.
Does Your Baby Sleep Safe? (flyer)
This front and back flyer focuses on key steps for creating a safe sleep space and common questions. The intent is for providers to use the flyer as a discussion tool with parents and caregivers.
English | Spanish
To order these materials. Follow these steps:
- Click HERE to go to the Women’s Health Branch page
- Once there, click on “Publications Form”–look on page 3 under “Parenting & Baby”
- Print out and complete form and fax it to (919) 870-4827
These publications provide information about addressing perinatal tobacco exposure. This is important because both maternal smoking during pregnancy and smoke in the infant’s environment after birth are major risk factors for SIDS. NC practices can order these for free through the NC DPH Women’s Health Branch.
Benefits of Being Tobacco Free and Facts about E-Cigarettes
Double sided flyer with key information about the benefits for mom and baby to be tobacco free and key information for women about the risks associated with e-cigarettes.
English | Spanish
To order these materials, follow these steps:
Click HERE to go to the Women’s Health Branch page
Once there click on “Publications Form”–look on page 3 under “Parenting & Baby” for safe sleep materials and under “Tobacco Cessation” for perinatal tobacco cessation materials.
Print out and complete form and fax it to (919) 870-4827
- Safe to Sleep Campaign. Look under the tab “Printable & Shareable Resources”
- healthychildren.org: a parenting website
From the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP). Includes general information related to child health plus more specific guidance on parenting issues.
- Cribs for Kids National Safe Sleep Hospital Certification Program. Learn how your hospital can become recognized for best practices and education in infant safe sleep safety.
- National Institute for Child Health and Human Development
National Safe-to-Sleep Campaign with resources for parents, caregivers, and health and childcare providers.
- Healthy Child Care America
Safe Sleep Campaign with resources for parents and childcare providers.
- Consumer Products Safety Commission
Information about safe bedding products for infants